Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Holy Wednesday Meditation


Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief
priests,
And said unto them, `What will you give
me, and I will deliver Him unto you?'
And they covenanted with him for 
thirty pieces of silver.
And from that time he sought opportunity
to betray Him.
Matthew 26:14-6

What makes a friend betray a friend as friendship implies trust? The underlining reason is that we love ourselves more than our friend, which in fact means we use a person under the pretence of a friend for what for we can gain. 

Prayer: 

Let me be like Mary and believe in You as my friend as well as my Lord and Saviour. Teach me to live that I do not betray You by my actions and words, especially not by selfish acts of greed and exploitation. Grant me the grace to be a true friend to all that I meet in life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment