Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Make That Change : Smoothies from Rawlicious



I've never ever been careful about what goes inside my body (I smoked for more than 20 years, remember?). This applies to food as well. My favorite chicken part? The skin. What is it that I look forward to when I see Lechon? The skin. A glass of water or a glass of ice cold Coca Cola? You know by now what the answer to that is. You can judge me all you want because I deserve to be judged haha!

I am slowly making that lifestyle change that people have been talking to me about. 

Rawlicious was introduced to me by a good friend. Actually, she introduced more than one seller of these smoothies to me but after going through all of their websites, it was Rawlicious that turned out to be closest to where I live. Plus, my brother's girlfriend also orders from them. I had first-hand feedback from her, so that more or less convinced me. 

It took a while though, for me to choose which flavors I would like to try first. Even if their online menu is detailed, it's difficult to figure out which flavors "sound" delicious. After a bit of deliberation, I narrowed it down to these two: 

Green Monster Xavier
Hella Green


Green Monster Xavier is an anti-inflammatory that encourages healing of the body and aids in digestion. Ingredients : O'greens, pineapple, banana and o'ginger. (O' = organically grown). The greens that go into the smoothies are spinach, tatsoi, kamote tops, carrot tops, petchay, bok choy, malunggay, romaine, lolla rossa and other mix lettuce varieties.

Hella Green is full of electrolytes that hydrate the body and energize the soul. Ingredients : Pure coconut water, mango, banana, o'greens.

I'm going to be totally honest here, okay? We all know that most of the time, the kind of food (or drink) that sends us to 7th Heaven is precisely the one that brings zero benefit to the body. The ones that boost our immune system and don't cause internal havoc are those that make your face cringe. 

I've only tried Green Monster Xavier (left bottle) so far and I can't say I absolutely enjoyed drinking it. At some point, I closed my eyes every time I took a sip haha. It tastes ... healthy. I'm sure you get what I mean? Hehehe. 

Not to say that I'll stop drinking it. I need to finish the contents of these 2 bottles in 2-3 days. I'm hoping the 2nd flavor will be a bit more enjoyable to drink. Bottom line? Nothing good comes easy. You wanna live a healthy lifestyle, you need to give up certain things ... including food that doesn't taste like grass or leaves. 

You can visit the Rawlicious website here to see their menu and steps on how to order from them. 

I paid Php 210 for these two bottles. They're 500 ml each.

Cheers to good health! 

5 comments:

  1. Interesting! You may want to try also ones I had for my juice fast - those actually tasted quite good. (except the really thick ones - they tasted ok, but a little overly green, if you know what I mean. :))


    Nadine Tengco delivers, but the only prob is that I think you have to buy a whole day's worth (6 bottles assorted). Let me know if you want to try it out, will give you the contact details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to drink 6 bottles in one day? Does she have a website?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does, but there's not a lo of info about the juice cleanse there. You can learn more about it in this article: http://soshiok.com/article/19984

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can also try http://www.jujucleanse.com/. i've tried their 3-day cleanse it was quite refreshing. good luck in your path to recovery and a healthier lifestyle. god bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got it, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete